Charge-sheet filed in Speak Asia case
Mumbai: Two years after the crime branch of Mumbai Police registered a case in the Rs 2,276 crore Speak Asia scam, police on Thursday filed a charge-sheet.
"We have filed a charge-sheet running into more than 5,000 pages against 13 office-bearers and franchisees and eight companies," said a police officer.
Speak Asia promoters started an online marketing survey company in March 2010. It asked investors to deposit Rs 11,000 and fill survey forms of some multinational firms; on successful submission of surveys, they were promised Rs 52,000 in return.
Initially the company paid the investors, but later it wound up its business, duping scores of people.
Police sources said the charge-sheet was filed against company`s COO Tarak Bajapai; Rajiv Mehrotra, director of Tulsiyat Tek; prime franchisees Deepankar Sarkar, Ashish Dandekar, Raeesh Shaikh, Rahul Shah, Sanjiv Dandona, and several others, besides SpeakAsia online, Haren Ventures Pvt Ltd, Tulsiyat Tek, Tulsient Info System, Kritanj Management and Allied Services, Seamless Outsourcing, Seven Rings Education and Seven Rings International.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan