Charges against Pawar have been proved by YP Singh: IAC
New Delhi: As a former IPS officer-turned-lawyer charged India Against Corruption with concealing facts on Sharad Pawar, the Arvind Kejriwal-led grouping on Thursday said the issue should be confined to the Lavasa scam and not taken as a "Arvind Kejriwal vs Y P Singh war".
At a press conference in Mumbai, Singh alleged that Kejriwal had information to expose Pawar but had concealed facts.
"Details of the larger irrigation scam were not brought out," Singh alleged.
Responding to Singh`s remarks, IAC activist Manish Sisodia said they congratulate him on making these "revelations" and it is good if corrupt political big shots are exposed.
"We don`t exactly know why Y P Singh is saying so that we did not reveal documents against Sharad Pawar. He is a very good friend of ours. There is nothing like this.
"I think this issue should be confined to Sharad Pawar scam instead of taking it as Arvind Kejriwal vs Y P Singh war," Sisodia said.
A statement posted in the Facebook account of India Against Corruption alleged that Pawar has misused his position and has severe charges of graft against him.
"IAC has been saying this since long. Sharad Pawar was also one of the 15 ministers against whom Kejriwal, Sisodia and Gopal Rai were on fast for 10 days at Jantar Mantar from July 25.
"The charges against Sharad Pawar have once again been proved by Y P Singh. IAC congratulates Singh for his courage to speak up against such a powerful minister," it said.
Before Singh`s press conference, Kejriwal said, "Singh is doing a good work and I respect him, why is he saying all of a sudden, I don`t know."
Yesterday, Kejriwal had levelled fresh allegations against BJP chief Nitin Gadkari on irrigation scam and claimed that he had usurped agriculture land acquired for building a dam.
Sisodia asked people to put all details before the country.
"If everyone make such expose like Arvind Kejriwal and Y P Singh, good results will surely come as public has become aware nowadays," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan