Charges framed against Singapore ship crew
Chennai: Kerala Police on Wednesday framed charges against three crew members of the Singapore flagged cargo ship, suspected to have been involved in the March 1 hit-and-run sea mishap off Kerala coast that left three Indian fishermen dead.
"We have already filed an FIR in the case on March 1. Today we framed charges against them under IPC 304 (A). We are naming one second officer (now in Sri Lanka), the captain and another sailor," K Mahesh Kumar, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Alapuzhaa) of the team probing the case.
The second officer allegedly jumped off `M V Prabhu Daya` on March 3 and was rescued by a Sri Lankan fishing boat the next day. He was treated at a Sri Lankan naval hospital and later transferred to Trincomalee Government Hospital, where he
is now "recuperating."
Meanwhile, a Coast Guard statement from Kochi said M V Prabhu Daya was identified "as the ship most likely to have been involved" in the incident that killed the three Indian fishermen off Kerala coast early on March 1. The police team will visit the ship again tomorrow for the probe, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!