Charges framed against Singapore ship crew
Chennai: Kerala Police on Wednesday framed charges against three crew members of the Singapore flagged cargo ship, suspected to have been involved in the March 1 hit-and-run sea mishap off Kerala coast that left three Indian fishermen dead.
"We have already filed an FIR in the case on March 1. Today we framed charges against them under IPC 304 (A). We are naming one second officer (now in Sri Lanka), the captain and another sailor," K Mahesh Kumar, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Alapuzhaa) of the team probing the case.
The second officer allegedly jumped off `M V Prabhu Daya` on March 3 and was rescued by a Sri Lankan fishing boat the next day. He was treated at a Sri Lankan naval hospital and later transferred to Trincomalee Government Hospital, where he
is now "recuperating."
Meanwhile, a Coast Guard statement from Kochi said M V Prabhu Daya was identified "as the ship most likely to have been involved" in the incident that killed the three Indian fishermen off Kerala coast early on March 1. The police team will visit the ship again tomorrow for the probe, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days