Charges framed in German Bakery blast case
Pune: A local court here on Saturday framed charges against Himayat Baig, an accused in the 2010 German Bakery blast case.
The Indian Mujahideen (IM), like most other terror attacks in India, had emerged as the mastermind behind the February 13 terror blast in Pune`s German Bakery that killed 17 people, including four foreigners, and injured another 57.
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) had identified IM behind the terror blast, and its founder Riyaz Bhatkal and his relative Yasin Bhatkal as the key conspirators.
The bombing took place on the eve of Valentine`s Day, ripping through the German Bakery, a haunt of foreigners and the rich, in Pune`s trendy Koregaon Park area.
Amongst the victims were four foreigners, including an Italian woman, an Iranian and two Sudanese.
Today’s chargesheet against Baig came just days after Mumbai was hit by three serial blasts, in which 19 persons were killed and over 100 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation