Chargesheet filed against Hasan Ali Khan in fake passport case
Patna: A chargesheet was filed on Tuesday in a local court against Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan in a fake passport case.
The Kotwali police filed the chargesheet in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Ramakant Jha, who transferred the case to the Judicial Magistrate Sunil Kumar and fixed April 11 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
The judge also issued production warrant against Khan mandating his appearance on the next date of trial.
In the chargesheet, the local police claimed that Khan had obtained passport on fake documents and a local businessman Kashinath Tapadia, Iqbal Singh and a Congress leader Amlendu Pandey had helped the former.
The role of these people was being investigated, the police said.
It may be mentioned that a case was lodged against Khan under various sections of the IPC and sections 10(3) and 12(1) of the Passport Act in December 2010 by a passport official here after it was detected that the former had been issued passport by the regional office on the basis of fake documents.
Khan had got the passport issued for self by the regional passport office in 2010 by giving false information about his family members, fabricated birth certificate, residential address and ration card.
The Pune-based businessman is also an accused in money laundering and tax evasion cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!