Chargesheet filed against Hasan Ali Khan in fake passport case
Patna: A chargesheet was filed on Tuesday in a local court against Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan in a fake passport case.
The Kotwali police filed the chargesheet in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Ramakant Jha, who transferred the case to the Judicial Magistrate Sunil Kumar and fixed April 11 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
The judge also issued production warrant against Khan mandating his appearance on the next date of trial.
In the chargesheet, the local police claimed that Khan had obtained passport on fake documents and a local businessman Kashinath Tapadia, Iqbal Singh and a Congress leader Amlendu Pandey had helped the former.
The role of these people was being investigated, the police said.
It may be mentioned that a case was lodged against Khan under various sections of the IPC and sections 10(3) and 12(1) of the Passport Act in December 2010 by a passport official here after it was detected that the former had been issued passport by the regional office on the basis of fake documents.
Khan had got the passport issued for self by the regional passport office in 2010 by giving false information about his family members, fabricated birth certificate, residential address and ration card.
The Pune-based businessman is also an accused in money laundering and tax evasion cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report