Chargesheet filed against Hasan Ali Khan in fake passport case
Patna: A chargesheet was filed on Tuesday in a local court against Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan in a fake passport case.
The Kotwali police filed the chargesheet in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Ramakant Jha, who transferred the case to the Judicial Magistrate Sunil Kumar and fixed April 11 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
The judge also issued production warrant against Khan mandating his appearance on the next date of trial.
In the chargesheet, the local police claimed that Khan had obtained passport on fake documents and a local businessman Kashinath Tapadia, Iqbal Singh and a Congress leader Amlendu Pandey had helped the former.
The role of these people was being investigated, the police said.
It may be mentioned that a case was lodged against Khan under various sections of the IPC and sections 10(3) and 12(1) of the Passport Act in December 2010 by a passport official here after it was detected that the former had been issued passport by the regional office on the basis of fake documents.
Khan had got the passport issued for self by the regional passport office in 2010 by giving false information about his family members, fabricated birth certificate, residential address and ration card.
The Pune-based businessman is also an accused in money laundering and tax evasion cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands