Chargesheet filed in German Bakery blast case
Pune: Maharashtra’s Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) has finally filed a chargesheet in the German Bakery blast that left 17 people dead and 65 injured on February 13 this year.
The chargesheet has been filed against seven accused, TV reports stated.
Though the details of chargesheet have not yet been revealed, the seven suspects are supposed to have been charged with murder and waging war against the country under the Indian Penal Code and various others sections of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and Explosive Substances Act.
The charge sheet, which has been filed in the designated ATS court at Pune, may also contain details of the financial transactions made by Baig along with six others including Mohammed Zarar alias Yaseen Bhatkal, who hails from Karnataka, and Mohsin Chowdhary, a resident of Pune.
Earlier this year, on September 7, ATS had arrested Himayat Bai, one of the seven accused, who has been an operative of banned Indian Mujahideen terror outfit.
A bomb ripped through the premises of the German Bakery in Pune and killed 17 people besides injured 65 others on February 13.
A mobile phone alarm was used as the timer. Among the 17 dead were four foreigners- an Italian, an Iranian and two Sudanese.
Immediately after the blast, the ATS claimed it to be the handiwork of Indian Mujahideen along with Pakistan-based Lashker-e-Toiba.
While the Pune Bar Association had announced that it would not allow any lawyer to defend Baig in court, advocate A Rehman has stepped forward to contest the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested