Chargesheet filed in German Bakery blast case
Pune: Maharashtra’s Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) has finally filed a chargesheet in the German Bakery blast that left 17 people dead and 65 injured on February 13 this year.
The chargesheet has been filed against seven accused, TV reports stated.
Though the details of chargesheet have not yet been revealed, the seven suspects are supposed to have been charged with murder and waging war against the country under the Indian Penal Code and various others sections of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and Explosive Substances Act.
The charge sheet, which has been filed in the designated ATS court at Pune, may also contain details of the financial transactions made by Baig along with six others including Mohammed Zarar alias Yaseen Bhatkal, who hails from Karnataka, and Mohsin Chowdhary, a resident of Pune.
Earlier this year, on September 7, ATS had arrested Himayat Bai, one of the seven accused, who has been an operative of banned Indian Mujahideen terror outfit.
A bomb ripped through the premises of the German Bakery in Pune and killed 17 people besides injured 65 others on February 13.
A mobile phone alarm was used as the timer. Among the 17 dead were four foreigners- an Italian, an Iranian and two Sudanese.
Immediately after the blast, the ATS claimed it to be the handiwork of Indian Mujahideen along with Pakistan-based Lashker-e-Toiba.
While the Pune Bar Association had announced that it would not allow any lawyer to defend Baig in court, advocate A Rehman has stepped forward to contest the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM