Chargesheet filed in Stephen Court fire case
Kolkata: Six persons, including the three
fugitive directors of Stephen Court Ltd, have been
chargesheeted in connection with the March 23 fire at the
iconic building that killed 43 people, police said here Sunday.
The persons who were chargesheeted in the civil court
here are three directors - Sanjay Bagaria, Sushil Surekha and
Pradeep More, caretaker Tarun Bagadia, assistant caretaker
Ramshankar Singh and liftman Jaiprakash Singh, Deputy
Commissioner of Detective Department of Kolkata Police
Damanyanti Sen said today.
According to the police, the directors and the liftman
allegedly absconded after the fire.
Only the caretaker and his assistant were arrested
after the incident, Sen said, adding, the later is out on
Stephen Court an iconic building located in the posh
Park Street caught fire on March 23 this year which killed 43
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!