Chaturvedi committee submits report on Antrix-Devas deal to PM
New Delhi: The high-powered Chaturvedi
committee to review the controversial Antrix-Devas deal on Saturday
submitted its report to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Singh has asked Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrashekar
to examine the report submitted by the committee comprising B
K Chaturvedi and Roddam Narsimha and make recommendations on
the follow-up action within 15 days.
"The Cabinet Secretary has been asked to submit his
recommendations within 15 days," a PMO statement said.
The Cabinet Committee on Security, at a meeting on
February 17, had recommended scrapping of the controversial
deal under which ISRO`s commercial arm Antrix had agreed to
lease 90 per cent of scarce S-band space segment capacity on
two satellites to private firm Devas for 12 years.
As per the CCS recommendation, Devas, which has
former ISRO employees on its top management, was served a
termination notice on February 25.
The CCS had cited requirement of the scarce space
segment for strategic purposes, including for use of defence,
para-military forces, railways and other public utility
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark