Chautala shifted to Gurgaon hospital for heart sur
New Delhi: Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, who is serving jail term for his involvement in teachers recruitment scam, was on Thursday shifted from Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital to a private hospital in Gurgaon for undergoing pacemaker implant surgery.
He was granted an interim bail for six weeks by the Delhi High Court on medical grounds two days ago.
Chautala, 78, chief of Indian National Lok Dal (INLD), along with 54 others, is serving jail term in the 2000 Junior Basic Trained (JBT) Teachers recruitment scam.
On January 22, the trial court had convicted and sentenced Chautala and nine others, including his son Ajay Chautala, to 10 years jail term for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior teachers in 2000.
Among other convicts, 44 have been sentenced to four years in jail and one was sentenced to a five-year jail term in the case.
All of them were held guilty of cheating, forgery, using fake documents as genuine, conspiracy under the IPC and for abusing their official position under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- 7th CPC: Govt to set up anomalies committees related to IAS, IPS, IFoS
- WATCH: 17 runs off 1 ball! Virender Sehwag does the impossible against Pakistan
- 7th Pay Commission: No annual increment for govt employees if performance not upto the mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Chiefs of regulatory bodies to get Rs 4.5 lakh pay
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' joins Rs 200 crore club in India