Chavan should apologise for avoiding Sammelan event: Gadkari
Solapur: BJP president Nitin Gadkari
on Monday said Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan and
Congress party owe an apology to the people for not attending
the concluding event of the literary meet in Pune.
"Chavan has hurt the sentiments of the people by not
attending the concluding function of the 83rd All India
Marathi Sahitya Sammelan and avoiding to share the dais with
great artist Amitabh Bachchan," he said addressing party
workers meet at Hutatma Smurthi hall here.
Gadkari said this is an insult of all artists and
literary personalities in the country.
"Therefore, the chief minister and Congress party should
apologise to the people for hurting their dignity and
Gadkari also said the controversy that erupted following
the actor`s presence at the Sea Link function in Mumbai shows
the "vindictive attitude" of the Congress party.
Smarting under the controversy that dogged him since his
coming together with the superstar - a brand ambassador of
BJP-ruled Gujarat - at the Mumbai Sea Link function last week,
Chavan chose to avoid Bachchan on Sunday, the concluding day
and paid a visit to the Sammelan Saturday.
Gadkari also said the Congress-led UPA government has
failed on all fronts and therefore BJP has planned a huge
rally to Parliament on April 21 to highlight issues like price
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'