Chavan should apologise for avoiding Sammelan event: Gadkari
Solapur: BJP president Nitin Gadkari
on Monday said Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan and
Congress party owe an apology to the people for not attending
the concluding event of the literary meet in Pune.
"Chavan has hurt the sentiments of the people by not
attending the concluding function of the 83rd All India
Marathi Sahitya Sammelan and avoiding to share the dais with
great artist Amitabh Bachchan," he said addressing party
workers meet at Hutatma Smurthi hall here.
Gadkari said this is an insult of all artists and
literary personalities in the country.
"Therefore, the chief minister and Congress party should
apologise to the people for hurting their dignity and
Gadkari also said the controversy that erupted following
the actor`s presence at the Sea Link function in Mumbai shows
the "vindictive attitude" of the Congress party.
Smarting under the controversy that dogged him since his
coming together with the superstar - a brand ambassador of
BJP-ruled Gujarat - at the Mumbai Sea Link function last week,
Chavan chose to avoid Bachchan on Sunday, the concluding day
and paid a visit to the Sammelan Saturday.
Gadkari also said the Congress-led UPA government has
failed on all fronts and therefore BJP has planned a huge
rally to Parliament on April 21 to highlight issues like price
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'