Check MNS interference: Bollywood to Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: A delegation of prominent Bollywood
filmmakers Wednesday night met Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan, requesting him to ensure that MNS did not interfere in
the smooth functioning of the industry.
The meeting comes in the backdrop of recent incidents,
including one where police arrested 16 people, allegedly MNS
members, for creating ruckus and halting the shooting of the
film "Angel" at Aksa beach in Mumbai.
The delegation, including Yash Chopra and Mahesh Bhatt,
met Chavan at his official residence Varsha in posh Malabar
"We asked Chavan to take necessary steps to curb
activities of MNS which are hampering functioning of the movie
industry," a member of the delegation said.
MNS has claimed that it would continue protesting against
foreign artists working in the movies despite invalid work
Earlier this month, MNS workers had landed on the sets of
producer Ritesh Sidhwani`s upcoming film and halted the shoot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?