Check MNS interference: Bollywood to Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: A delegation of prominent Bollywood
filmmakers Wednesday night met Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan, requesting him to ensure that MNS did not interfere in
the smooth functioning of the industry.
The meeting comes in the backdrop of recent incidents,
including one where police arrested 16 people, allegedly MNS
members, for creating ruckus and halting the shooting of the
film "Angel" at Aksa beach in Mumbai.
The delegation, including Yash Chopra and Mahesh Bhatt,
met Chavan at his official residence Varsha in posh Malabar
"We asked Chavan to take necessary steps to curb
activities of MNS which are hampering functioning of the movie
industry," a member of the delegation said.
MNS has claimed that it would continue protesting against
foreign artists working in the movies despite invalid work
Earlier this month, MNS workers had landed on the sets of
producer Ritesh Sidhwani`s upcoming film and halted the shoot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state