Check MNS interference: Bollywood to Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: A delegation of prominent Bollywood
filmmakers Wednesday night met Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan, requesting him to ensure that MNS did not interfere in
the smooth functioning of the industry.
The meeting comes in the backdrop of recent incidents,
including one where police arrested 16 people, allegedly MNS
members, for creating ruckus and halting the shooting of the
film "Angel" at Aksa beach in Mumbai.
The delegation, including Yash Chopra and Mahesh Bhatt,
met Chavan at his official residence Varsha in posh Malabar
"We asked Chavan to take necessary steps to curb
activities of MNS which are hampering functioning of the movie
industry," a member of the delegation said.
MNS has claimed that it would continue protesting against
foreign artists working in the movies despite invalid work
Earlier this month, MNS workers had landed on the sets of
producer Ritesh Sidhwani`s upcoming film and halted the shoot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda