Check MNS interference: Bollywood to Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: A delegation of prominent Bollywood
filmmakers Wednesday night met Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan, requesting him to ensure that MNS did not interfere in
the smooth functioning of the industry.
The meeting comes in the backdrop of recent incidents,
including one where police arrested 16 people, allegedly MNS
members, for creating ruckus and halting the shooting of the
film "Angel" at Aksa beach in Mumbai.
The delegation, including Yash Chopra and Mahesh Bhatt,
met Chavan at his official residence Varsha in posh Malabar
"We asked Chavan to take necessary steps to curb
activities of MNS which are hampering functioning of the movie
industry," a member of the delegation said.
MNS has claimed that it would continue protesting against
foreign artists working in the movies despite invalid work
Earlier this month, MNS workers had landed on the sets of
producer Ritesh Sidhwani`s upcoming film and halted the shoot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon