Check MNS interference: Bollywood to Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: A delegation of prominent Bollywood
filmmakers Wednesday night met Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan, requesting him to ensure that MNS did not interfere in
the smooth functioning of the industry.
The meeting comes in the backdrop of recent incidents,
including one where police arrested 16 people, allegedly MNS
members, for creating ruckus and halting the shooting of the
film "Angel" at Aksa beach in Mumbai.
The delegation, including Yash Chopra and Mahesh Bhatt,
met Chavan at his official residence Varsha in posh Malabar
"We asked Chavan to take necessary steps to curb
activities of MNS which are hampering functioning of the movie
industry," a member of the delegation said.
MNS has claimed that it would continue protesting against
foreign artists working in the movies despite invalid work
Earlier this month, MNS workers had landed on the sets of
producer Ritesh Sidhwani`s upcoming film and halted the shoot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...