Check post along Indo-Bangla border to open in November
Agartala: Integrated Check Post (ICP) along the Indo-Bangla international border at Akhaura, near here would be opened in November next to provide facilities under one roof, official sources said on Thursday.
An 18-member delegation led by secretary, border management, Gouri Kumar, who arrived here yesterday to visit the progress of the ICP, held meeting with Chief Secretary, SK Panda and other officials and informed that the check post would be ready by November next.
The ICP, built at a cost of Rs 73.50 crore was inaugurated by then Home Minister P Chidambaram on May 17, 2011.
Thirteen ICPs are being built at various points on borders with Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan and Myanmar to help traders and tourists from the countries avail facilities like immigration, customs and quarantine and official cross-border movements under one umbrella.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets