Checks on radiation emission by mobile phone towers from Nov 16
New Delhi: A nationwide testing of radiation emitted by mobile phone towers will be conducted from November 16 by the telecom engineering resource monitoring (TERM) cells, Minister of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot said on Saturday.
The electro magnetic emissions of mobile towers in India are governed by the guidelines drawn from the recommendations of the international commission on non-ionising radiation protection.
The minister said non-compliance with the guidelines and amended licence conditions will invite penalties, including imposition of penalty of up to Rs 5 lakh.
The minister had earlier directed that self-certification of radiation levels of all towers should be completed by the telecom operators and certificates should be submitted to the TERM cells by November 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women