Chennai to host 98th edition of Indian Science Congress
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will
inaugurate the 98th edition of Indian Science Congress, to be
held here for five days from January 3, 2011.
The Congress, hosted by the SRM University, would be
attended by over 7,000 delegates from India and abroad,
including some Nobel Laureates, Indian Science Congress
Association president K C Pandey reporters here on Monday.
The theme of the Congress would be `Quality Education and
Excellence in Scientific Research in Indian Universities`. The
theme was chosen as there was a need to create proper
facilities and environment for research in Indian universities
to carry out innovative work at the cutting edge of Science
and Technology, he said.
"Besides the theme session, there will be 14 sessions
including on science and challenges in new power and renewable
energy, climate change and food security", he said.
SRM University vice chancellor P Sathyanarayanan said
that it has been proposed to conduct a space summit in
collaboration with ISRO, NASA, European Space Association and
Japanese Space Exploration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab