Chennai to host 98th edition of Indian Science Congress
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will
inaugurate the 98th edition of Indian Science Congress, to be
held here for five days from January 3, 2011.
The Congress, hosted by the SRM University, would be
attended by over 7,000 delegates from India and abroad,
including some Nobel Laureates, Indian Science Congress
Association president K C Pandey reporters here on Monday.
The theme of the Congress would be `Quality Education and
Excellence in Scientific Research in Indian Universities`. The
theme was chosen as there was a need to create proper
facilities and environment for research in Indian universities
to carry out innovative work at the cutting edge of Science
and Technology, he said.
"Besides the theme session, there will be 14 sessions
including on science and challenges in new power and renewable
energy, climate change and food security", he said.
SRM University vice chancellor P Sathyanarayanan said
that it has been proposed to conduct a space summit in
collaboration with ISRO, NASA, European Space Association and
Japanese Space Exploration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state