Chennai to host 98th edition of Indian Science Congress
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will
inaugurate the 98th edition of Indian Science Congress, to be
held here for five days from January 3, 2011.
The Congress, hosted by the SRM University, would be
attended by over 7,000 delegates from India and abroad,
including some Nobel Laureates, Indian Science Congress
Association president K C Pandey reporters here on Monday.
The theme of the Congress would be `Quality Education and
Excellence in Scientific Research in Indian Universities`. The
theme was chosen as there was a need to create proper
facilities and environment for research in Indian universities
to carry out innovative work at the cutting edge of Science
and Technology, he said.
"Besides the theme session, there will be 14 sessions
including on science and challenges in new power and renewable
energy, climate change and food security", he said.
SRM University vice chancellor P Sathyanarayanan said
that it has been proposed to conduct a space summit in
collaboration with ISRO, NASA, European Space Association and
Japanese Space Exploration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside
- Chris Klein, wife welcome first child
- After KSRTC strike, Karnataka bandh called on July 30 over Mahadayi river water verdict
- Sun Pharma in $50 million deal with Spanish firm