Ch`garh police on alert after WB Naxal attack
Raipur: Police in Chhattishgarh have been
alerted following the killing of four CRPF personnel in an IED
blast triggered by the Maoists in West Bengal on Wednesday on the
second day of their bandh called in five states.
In view of the bandh and blast in West Bengal, all the
districts have been asked to maintain strict vigil, top police
Naxals regularly target railway tracks in Dantewada
district and therefore the officials there have been told to
be extra cautious, they said.
After the May 17 blast in a bus in Dantewada, in which
31 people were killed, bus operators and drivers are scared to
ferry passengers in the district, police sources said.
The attack on civilians has forced them to postpone
their travel plans, they said.
A trader in Dantewada said business and commercial
activities have been affected due to the repeated Naxal
attacks and bandh.
Bijapur district Superintendent of Police Avinash
Mohanti said on the second day of the shutdown, buses and
other modes of transport are plying normal. However, buses are
off the road in the interior parts of the district.
Kanker district SP Ajay Yadav said the urban areas
have been by and large unaffected by the Naxal bandh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels