Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Shukla shows signs of improvement
Gurgaon: Veteran Congress leader VC Shukla, who was injured in the Chhattisgarh Maoist attack, has shown signs of improvement, but doctors treating him said he is still not out of danger.
"He is stable. Some signs of improvement have been noticed. But he is still critical and not out of danger. He is awake and conscious," A K Dubey, Medical Superintendent of Medanta hospital told reporters today.
84-year-old Shukla was airlifted to Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur on Sunday.
Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people including senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, and injuring Shukla and 31 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway