Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Shukla shows signs of improvement
Gurgaon: Veteran Congress leader VC Shukla, who was injured in the Chhattisgarh Maoist attack, has shown signs of improvement, but doctors treating him said he is still not out of danger.
"He is stable. Some signs of improvement have been noticed. But he is still critical and not out of danger. He is awake and conscious," A K Dubey, Medical Superintendent of Medanta hospital told reporters today.
84-year-old Shukla was airlifted to Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur on Sunday.
Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people including senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, and injuring Shukla and 31 others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know