Chhattisgarh police to interrogate Chinese workers over chimney tragedy
Korba: Chhattisgarh police would interrogate employees of Chinese firm SEPCO about the chimney collapse, which killed over 40 people in Korba district.
"As far as our information 16 Chinese has returned back and four Chinese workers are already in the city. We will interrogate them regarding the incident as per our convenience," Ratanlal Dangi, Superintendent of Police Korba told reporters on Friday.
Earlier, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has asked the Chinese workers involved in the chimney collapse case to stay back and face investigation.
A large number of Chinese employees, mostly engineers, had fled from Korba fearing that workers and even locals will attack them after the chimney at the power plant site collapsed on September 23.
SEPCO, a China-based company was given the contract to construct the thermal power plant the passport details were given to immigration authorities at all the airports and ports with instructions to ensure that none of them leaves the country
The central government had issued lookout notices at all the exit points against 89 Chinese engineers and workmen employed at the plant where the accident took place.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate