Chhattisgarh police to interrogate Chinese workers over chimney tragedy
Korba: Chhattisgarh police would interrogate employees of Chinese firm SEPCO about the chimney collapse, which killed over 40 people in Korba district.
"As far as our information 16 Chinese has returned back and four Chinese workers are already in the city. We will interrogate them regarding the incident as per our convenience," Ratanlal Dangi, Superintendent of Police Korba told reporters on Friday.
Earlier, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has asked the Chinese workers involved in the chimney collapse case to stay back and face investigation.
A large number of Chinese employees, mostly engineers, had fled from Korba fearing that workers and even locals will attack them after the chimney at the power plant site collapsed on September 23.
SEPCO, a China-based company was given the contract to construct the thermal power plant the passport details were given to immigration authorities at all the airports and ports with instructions to ensure that none of them leaves the country
The central government had issued lookout notices at all the exit points against 89 Chinese engineers and workmen employed at the plant where the accident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened