Chhattisgarh police to interrogate Chinese workers over chimney tragedy
Korba: Chhattisgarh police would interrogate employees of Chinese firm SEPCO about the chimney collapse, which killed over 40 people in Korba district.
"As far as our information 16 Chinese has returned back and four Chinese workers are already in the city. We will interrogate them regarding the incident as per our convenience," Ratanlal Dangi, Superintendent of Police Korba told reporters on Friday.
Earlier, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has asked the Chinese workers involved in the chimney collapse case to stay back and face investigation.
A large number of Chinese employees, mostly engineers, had fled from Korba fearing that workers and even locals will attack them after the chimney at the power plant site collapsed on September 23.
SEPCO, a China-based company was given the contract to construct the thermal power plant the passport details were given to immigration authorities at all the airports and ports with instructions to ensure that none of them leaves the country
The central government had issued lookout notices at all the exit points against 89 Chinese engineers and workmen employed at the plant where the accident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan