Chidambaram administered anti-terrorism day oath
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Monday administered oath to officers and staff of Ministry of Home Affairs in North Block on the occasion of anti terrorism day.
The day is observed to generate awareness about danger of terrorism, violence and its effect on people, society and the country as a whole.
The objective behind the observance of anti-terrorism day is to wean away the youth from terrorism and violence cult by highlighting the suffering of the common people and showing how it is prejudicial to the national interest, an official release said.
These objectives are aimed to be achieved by organising debates and discussions in schools, colleges and universities; holding of symposia, seminars, lectures, etc. On dangers of terrorism and violence and a determined and sustained drive to bring about a mass awakening against terrorism and violence.
Employees in government offices, public sector undertakings and other public institutions in the country take a pledge to oppose all forms of terrorism and violence on this day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption