Chidambaram administered anti-terrorism day oath
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Monday administered oath to officers and staff of Ministry of Home Affairs in North Block on the occasion of anti terrorism day.
The day is observed to generate awareness about danger of terrorism, violence and its effect on people, society and the country as a whole.
The objective behind the observance of anti-terrorism day is to wean away the youth from terrorism and violence cult by highlighting the suffering of the common people and showing how it is prejudicial to the national interest, an official release said.
These objectives are aimed to be achieved by organising debates and discussions in schools, colleges and universities; holding of symposia, seminars, lectures, etc. On dangers of terrorism and violence and a determined and sustained drive to bring about a mass awakening against terrorism and violence.
Employees in government offices, public sector undertakings and other public institutions in the country take a pledge to oppose all forms of terrorism and violence on this day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje