Chidambaram administered anti-terrorism day oath
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Monday administered oath to officers and staff of Ministry of Home Affairs in North Block on the occasion of anti terrorism day.
The day is observed to generate awareness about danger of terrorism, violence and its effect on people, society and the country as a whole.
The objective behind the observance of anti-terrorism day is to wean away the youth from terrorism and violence cult by highlighting the suffering of the common people and showing how it is prejudicial to the national interest, an official release said.
These objectives are aimed to be achieved by organising debates and discussions in schools, colleges and universities; holding of symposia, seminars, lectures, etc. On dangers of terrorism and violence and a determined and sustained drive to bring about a mass awakening against terrorism and violence.
Employees in government offices, public sector undertakings and other public institutions in the country take a pledge to oppose all forms of terrorism and violence on this day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted