Chidambaram administered anti-terrorism day oath
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Monday administered oath to officers and staff of Ministry of Home Affairs in North Block on the occasion of anti terrorism day.
The day is observed to generate awareness about danger of terrorism, violence and its effect on people, society and the country as a whole.
The objective behind the observance of anti-terrorism day is to wean away the youth from terrorism and violence cult by highlighting the suffering of the common people and showing how it is prejudicial to the national interest, an official release said.
These objectives are aimed to be achieved by organising debates and discussions in schools, colleges and universities; holding of symposia, seminars, lectures, etc. On dangers of terrorism and violence and a determined and sustained drive to bring about a mass awakening against terrorism and violence.
Employees in government offices, public sector undertakings and other public institutions in the country take a pledge to oppose all forms of terrorism and violence on this day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love