Chidambaram attacks BJP spokesperson on Purulia statement
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram
on Thursday attacked the BJP for its "monumental ignorance" in
blaming him for CBI`s lapse in going with an expired warrant
seeking extradition of Purulia arms drop case accused Kim
"By issuing a statement blaming the Home Minister for
an alleged discrepancy in the arrest warrant taken by the CBI
to apprehend Kim Davy, the BJP spokesperson has displayed
monumental ignorance," he said.
Chidambaram was reacting to BJP spokesperson Nirmala
Seetharaman`s statement, which held the Home Minister
responsible for the CBI goof-up up and that his ministry was
moving from one "human error" to another.
The Home minister said he would like the BJP
spokesperson to check facts before making sweeping
He said the BJP spokesperson should know that CBI is
not not under the administrative control of the MHA and the
ministry concerned is Department of Personnel and Training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre