Chidambaram confirms arrest of Abu Jindal
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram today confirmed the arrest of Lashker-e-Taiba terrorist and 26/11 accused Sayed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jindal.
"The person who goes by the pseudonym of Abu Jindal has been apprehended and has been remanded to the custody of law enforcement agencies", he told reporters here.
Home Ministry officials, however, refused to confirm or deny the reports that Jindal, who was arrested on June 21 when he arrived in India, was deported from a Gulf country.
Jindal, who hails from Georai area of Beed district in Maharashtra, was the Hindi tutor of 10 terrorists who carried out the audacious attack in Mumbai in 2008.
India had also secured an Interpol Red Corner notice against him in which he was accused of crimes involving the use of weapons, explosives and terrorism.
With his arrest, the mysterious voice recorded during the conversation between 10 Lashker terrorists and their handlers in Pakistan has been identified, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh