Chidambaram doing "exceedingly good job": PM
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram may have been under frequent criticism from Congress party functionaries, but he received full backing of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who complimented him for doing an "exceedingly good job".
Singh was asked at an interaction with editors here about Chidambaram`s complaint that he had a limited mandate in dealing with the Naxal menace.
"All of us have a limited mandate," the Prime Minister responded, adding that once a policy is laid down it has to be implemented.
Chidambaram, he said, was doing an exceedingly good job and "he has my full confidence and support".
He complimented the Home Minister for the way in which he had handled a difficult job in the aftermath of Mumbai terror attacks.
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has been sniping at Chidambaram on Naxal and some other issues. Recently another General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi publicly
took a different line from the Home Minister on "saffron" terror.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley