Chidambaram gives 3 lists of Pak terrorists to US officials
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram
has given to US officials three lists of terrorists and
gangsters, including of 60 Pakistanis killed by Indian
security forces in various encounters in different parts of
the country and another of 10 arrested in the past year.
A top government official today said Chidambaram had
compiled the lists before leaving for the US for a four-day
visit and shared it with American officials. "Their names and
addresses in Pakistan were given in the list," the official
The first list had names of 60 Pakistani terrorists
killed by Indian forces. There were also names of another 10
arrested and lodged in jails.
The second list consists names of those terrorists who
are operating from Pakistan against India including Maulana
Masood Azhar and 26/11 mastermind Hafeez Sayeed. It also has
names of several members of `D` company.
The third list has the names of those terrorists who
have been operating from PoK and their activities are
concentrated in Kashmir.
Sharing the lists with officials like Secretary of
State Hillary Clinton and Homeland Security Secretary Janet
Napolitano, Chidamabaram asked them to rein in these terror
Meanwhile, the government is contemplating launching a
publicity blitzkrieg in Pakistani media about the activities
of the terrorists belonging to that country in India. The
campaign could be in the form of advertisement.
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- French, US jet fighters destroy Islamic State site in Iraq
- Five years on, bin Laden doctor languishes in Pakistan jail
- Modi govt more active on grievance mails: Know how it is helping in improving govt schemes
- Uttarakhand forest fire spreads, timber mafia's involvement suspected