Chidambaram gives 3 lists of Pak terrorists to US officials
New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram
has given to US officials three lists of terrorists and
gangsters, including of 60 Pakistanis killed by Indian
security forces in various encounters in different parts of
the country and another of 10 arrested in the past year.
A top government official today said Chidambaram had
compiled the lists before leaving for the US for a four-day
visit and shared it with American officials. "Their names and
addresses in Pakistan were given in the list," the official
The first list had names of 60 Pakistani terrorists
killed by Indian forces. There were also names of another 10
arrested and lodged in jails.
The second list consists names of those terrorists who
are operating from Pakistan against India including Maulana
Masood Azhar and 26/11 mastermind Hafeez Sayeed. It also has
names of several members of `D` company.
The third list has the names of those terrorists who
have been operating from PoK and their activities are
concentrated in Kashmir.
Sharing the lists with officials like Secretary of
State Hillary Clinton and Homeland Security Secretary Janet
Napolitano, Chidamabaram asked them to rein in these terror
Meanwhile, the government is contemplating launching a
publicity blitzkrieg in Pakistani media about the activities
of the terrorists belonging to that country in India. The
campaign could be in the form of advertisement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj