Chidambaram got my phone tapped: Yashwant Sinha
Ranchi: Taking strong exception to Congress president Sonia Gandhi reportedly asking her party men to launch a counter-offensive against the BJP, former external affairs minister Yashwant Sinha on Friday accused Gandhi of being "arrogant" as her party was trying to "dilute" the coal block issue through debate.
"Sonia Gandhi asks her Congress members to attack the BJP on the coal block allocation issue. Is this the way to say?" Sinha said at a press conference here.
"Compare this with the polite approach shown by ex-PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who once asked the BJP to reach out the opposition on an issue during Parliament session," he added.
"Also when I had raised the Aircel-Maxis issue against P Chidambaram, orders were given to tap my telephones and those of my family members. We are not afraid. The BJP will not succumb to such pressure or threats.
"The Congress wants to dilute the coal block allocations by seeking debates. But we know what will happen. Debates will continue till 8 pm or so, and the prime minister would give a reply, and the matter is diluted. Thereafter, one cannot raise the issue for the second time," Sinha said to a query on the impasse over the coal block allocations.
He referred to scenes created by the Congress during a meeting of Murali Manohar Joshi-headed Public Accounts Committee which had probed another matter last year.
"We will continue to demand the resignation of the Prime Minister. The people are above Parliament, and the BJP will go to the people on the issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof