Chidambaram greeted with black flags, slogans at JNU
New Delhi: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
was on Wednesday night greeted with slogans and black flags by a group of
students at the Jawaharlal Nehru University here over the
government`s approach to combat the Maoists.
Chidambaram arrived at the JNU campus at around 9:30 pm
to attend an anti-Maoist programme organised by NSUI, the
students` wing of Congress, at the School of Social Sciences
Activists belonging to All India Students Association
(AISA) and Democratic Students Union (DSU) shouted slogans
against the Home Minister outside the auditorium as he reached
They also waved black flags protesting against the
government`s approach to the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations