Chidambaram greeted with black flags, slogans at JNU
New Delhi: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
was on Wednesday night greeted with slogans and black flags by a group of
students at the Jawaharlal Nehru University here over the
government`s approach to combat the Maoists.
Chidambaram arrived at the JNU campus at around 9:30 pm
to attend an anti-Maoist programme organised by NSUI, the
students` wing of Congress, at the School of Social Sciences
Activists belonging to All India Students Association
(AISA) and Democratic Students Union (DSU) shouted slogans
against the Home Minister outside the auditorium as he reached
They also waved black flags protesting against the
government`s approach to the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?