Chidambaram held up as drunk woman delays flight
Chennai: A Delhi-bound flight from here with
Union Home minister P Chidambaram on board was delayed by an
hour after a woman, allegedly in an inebriated state, created
a ruckus, airport officials said.
The woman did not board the flight despite the final call
and was refused entry at the step ladder as she was found to
be drunk, they said.
She entered into a heated argument with airport and
airline officials, demanding that she be allowed to board the
aircraft, they said.
However, the woman was not allowed to board the flight
and due to the ruckus created by her, the Indian Airlines
flight, which was scheduled for departure at 6.10 pm, left an
hour later, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday