Chidambaram held up as drunk woman delays flight
Chennai: A Delhi-bound flight from here with
Union Home minister P Chidambaram on board was delayed by an
hour after a woman, allegedly in an inebriated state, created
a ruckus, airport officials said.
The woman did not board the flight despite the final call
and was refused entry at the step ladder as she was found to
be drunk, they said.
She entered into a heated argument with airport and
airline officials, demanding that she be allowed to board the
aircraft, they said.
However, the woman was not allowed to board the flight
and due to the ruckus created by her, the Indian Airlines
flight, which was scheduled for departure at 6.10 pm, left an
hour later, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman