Chidambaram is a man of integrity: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay
Singh on Saturday strongly backed P Chidambaram over the latest
controversy surrounding the Finance Ministry note on 2G scam
and accused the RSS of targeting the Home Minister as he acted
against "Sanghi" terror.
"Sangh (RSS) has made him a target since Chidambaram has
sped up investigations in the terror cases involving people
from RSS," Singh told reporters.
Condemning former Finance Minister and senior BJP leader
Yashwant Sinha`s statement that the Home Minister deserves to
be in the same cell at Tihar where Raja is lodged, the AICC
General Secretary said, "Chidambaram is a man of integrity, a
man of competence and there is no question of any charges
Seeking to turn the table on BJP on the 2G issue, he
said, "If there have been losses over 2G, this should also not
be forgotten that, the NDA government had changed the policy
of allotment of telecom circles through competitive tendering
introduced by Narsimha Rao led Congress government."
"They had changed the policy for the same licence holders
and introduced the provisions of license fee and revenue
sharing. Did no loss occur due to this? The CAG has also
reported on that decision and quantified the loss by change of
policy. Should they also not go to Tihar jail by the same
logic," he said.
Singh said the opposition party should, "Look in its own
backyard first before levelling allegations against others...
particularly when it is against an able and competent Minister
He said it is unjustified and incorrect to level
allegations against Chidambaram in this case.
Demanding a fair investigation in the case, BJP has asked
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to clarify his stand on the
alleged involvement of Chidambaram, the then Finance Minister,
in the 2G scam and has demanded his resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi