Chidambaram is a man of integrity: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay
Singh on Saturday strongly backed P Chidambaram over the latest
controversy surrounding the Finance Ministry note on 2G scam
and accused the RSS of targeting the Home Minister as he acted
against "Sanghi" terror.
"Sangh (RSS) has made him a target since Chidambaram has
sped up investigations in the terror cases involving people
from RSS," Singh told reporters.
Condemning former Finance Minister and senior BJP leader
Yashwant Sinha`s statement that the Home Minister deserves to
be in the same cell at Tihar where Raja is lodged, the AICC
General Secretary said, "Chidambaram is a man of integrity, a
man of competence and there is no question of any charges
Seeking to turn the table on BJP on the 2G issue, he
said, "If there have been losses over 2G, this should also not
be forgotten that, the NDA government had changed the policy
of allotment of telecom circles through competitive tendering
introduced by Narsimha Rao led Congress government."
"They had changed the policy for the same licence holders
and introduced the provisions of license fee and revenue
sharing. Did no loss occur due to this? The CAG has also
reported on that decision and quantified the loss by change of
policy. Should they also not go to Tihar jail by the same
logic," he said.
Singh said the opposition party should, "Look in its own
backyard first before levelling allegations against others...
particularly when it is against an able and competent Minister
He said it is unjustified and incorrect to level
allegations against Chidambaram in this case.
Demanding a fair investigation in the case, BJP has asked
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to clarify his stand on the
alleged involvement of Chidambaram, the then Finance Minister,
in the 2G scam and has demanded his resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hubby Rohit Roy lashes out at wife Dimpy Ganguly’s haters who trolled her for getting pregnant before marriage
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to decide final payout for central government employees on June 29
- Apple cheers 2016 Pride celebration with a special rainbow Apple Watch!
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana