Chidambaram is practicing terrorism with facts: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking on Finance Minister P Chidambaram on growth figures, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Monday termed his claims on better growth during the UPA government as “terrorism with facts”.
Sinha, who was the finance minister during the NDA regime, said, “Can he (Chidambaram) explain why the growth rate is now 4%. He is taking the average which is nothing but jugglery of facts.”
“If you are comparing growth rate why don’t you compare inflation rates? There are so many other things where they will cut a sorry figure and on growth too, there average is higher because they had very good first three years during UPA-I due to our work,” he added.
On Chidambaram’s taunt on Modi, the veteran BJP leader said, “The Congress has reason to be scared of Narendra Modi...the more they target Narendra Modi, the more it will help him.”
“We created 6 crore jobs (during NDA rule), only 27 lakh jobs created by them(UPA). Why don`t they talk about price rise,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government
- Sexual harassment case: One witness denied allegations against Kumar Vishwas: Police to HC
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused bail plea
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision