Chidambaram is practicing terrorism with facts: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking on Finance Minister P Chidambaram on growth figures, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Monday termed his claims on better growth during the UPA government as “terrorism with facts”.
Sinha, who was the finance minister during the NDA regime, said, “Can he (Chidambaram) explain why the growth rate is now 4%. He is taking the average which is nothing but jugglery of facts.”
“If you are comparing growth rate why don’t you compare inflation rates? There are so many other things where they will cut a sorry figure and on growth too, there average is higher because they had very good first three years during UPA-I due to our work,” he added.
On Chidambaram’s taunt on Modi, the veteran BJP leader said, “The Congress has reason to be scared of Narendra Modi...the more they target Narendra Modi, the more it will help him.”
“We created 6 crore jobs (during NDA rule), only 27 lakh jobs created by them(UPA). Why don`t they talk about price rise,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- HTC 10 smartphone launched in India at Rs 52,990
- Rio Olympics: Police train dogs to sniff out terror threat at biggest sporting extravaganza
- Photo alert! Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor spotted on the streets of London
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' shoot diaries: Check out Parineeti Chopra-Ayushmann Khurrana's joyride!
- Radhika Apte’s ‘Phobia’ will break stereotype of Indian horror films