Chidambaram is practicing terrorism with facts: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking on Finance Minister P Chidambaram on growth figures, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Monday termed his claims on better growth during the UPA government as “terrorism with facts”.
Sinha, who was the finance minister during the NDA regime, said, “Can he (Chidambaram) explain why the growth rate is now 4%. He is taking the average which is nothing but jugglery of facts.”
“If you are comparing growth rate why don’t you compare inflation rates? There are so many other things where they will cut a sorry figure and on growth too, there average is higher because they had very good first three years during UPA-I due to our work,” he added.
On Chidambaram’s taunt on Modi, the veteran BJP leader said, “The Congress has reason to be scared of Narendra Modi...the more they target Narendra Modi, the more it will help him.”
“We created 6 crore jobs (during NDA rule), only 27 lakh jobs created by them(UPA). Why don`t they talk about price rise,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi