Chidambaram is practicing terrorism with facts: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking on Finance Minister P Chidambaram on growth figures, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Monday termed his claims on better growth during the UPA government as “terrorism with facts”.
Sinha, who was the finance minister during the NDA regime, said, “Can he (Chidambaram) explain why the growth rate is now 4%. He is taking the average which is nothing but jugglery of facts.”
“If you are comparing growth rate why don’t you compare inflation rates? There are so many other things where they will cut a sorry figure and on growth too, there average is higher because they had very good first three years during UPA-I due to our work,” he added.
On Chidambaram’s taunt on Modi, the veteran BJP leader said, “The Congress has reason to be scared of Narendra Modi...the more they target Narendra Modi, the more it will help him.”
“We created 6 crore jobs (during NDA rule), only 27 lakh jobs created by them(UPA). Why don`t they talk about price rise,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year