Chidambaram lauds sacrifice by security forces during 26/11
Mumbai: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday
lauded the sacrifice made by security personnel while
combating terrorists during the Mumbai terror attacks.
"The magnitude of the sacrifice is supreme. The nation
is proud of them," Chidambaram said at a function held here to
hand over papers of petrol pumps allotted to families of the
"Eighteen families suffered great loss. The Petroleum
Ministry is making a small gesture by handing over the
dealerships," Chidambaram said on the occasion of first
anniversary of the 26/11 carnage that left 166 people dead.
Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Murli Deora and
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan were present at the
function, held at the Sahyadri Guest House.
Chidambaram handed over papers of petrol pumps, LPG
dealerships and retail outlets to families of five security
They included the family of senior IPS official Ashok
Kamte, police inspector Prakash More, wireless operators
Jaywant Patil and Vijay Khandekar, besides NSG jawan Gajendra
Four families have already been alloted papers while
similar offers were made to 18 other families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh