Chidambaram lauds sacrifice by security forces during 26/11
Mumbai: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday
lauded the sacrifice made by security personnel while
combating terrorists during the Mumbai terror attacks.
"The magnitude of the sacrifice is supreme. The nation
is proud of them," Chidambaram said at a function held here to
hand over papers of petrol pumps allotted to families of the
"Eighteen families suffered great loss. The Petroleum
Ministry is making a small gesture by handing over the
dealerships," Chidambaram said on the occasion of first
anniversary of the 26/11 carnage that left 166 people dead.
Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Murli Deora and
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan were present at the
function, held at the Sahyadri Guest House.
Chidambaram handed over papers of petrol pumps, LPG
dealerships and retail outlets to families of five security
They included the family of senior IPS official Ashok
Kamte, police inspector Prakash More, wireless operators
Jaywant Patil and Vijay Khandekar, besides NSG jawan Gajendra
Four families have already been alloted papers while
similar offers were made to 18 other families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends