Chidambaram, Malik travel to Bhutan on same flight
Thimphu: Home Minister P Chidambaram and
his Pakistani counterpart Rehman Malik o Friday travelled on the
same flight to attend a SAARC ministerial meeting in Bhutan,
but it is not yet clear whether they had a chance encounter.
Both ministers took the same Druk Air commercial
flight from Delhi to Paro, 56 km from the capital of this
Himalayan nation, to attend the 4th meeting of the SAARC
Interior/Home Ministers here tomorrow.
The speculation here is rife whether Chidambaram and
Malik had bilateral discussions on the flight or just
So far no one-to-one meeting has been fixed between
the two leaders but Indian officials indicated that
Chidambaram was not averse to a meeting with Malik to raise
India`s concern on several issues.
If the two leaders indeed meet, this will be the
second one-to-one interaction between them after their first
such encounter in Islamabad last year on the sidelines of the
3rd meeting of the SAARC Interior/Home Ministers.
The two leaders may discuss about the progress made
in Pakistan in efforts to bring the perpetrators of the 26/11
Mumbai terror attacks to justice, existence of terror
infrastructure in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and continuous
attempts made by militants to infiltrate across the border
During his transit stay in New Delhi, on his way to
Bhutan, Malik expressed his best wishes to "Indian
brothers and sisters".
"We all want peace and nothing but peace for coming
generations," he tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror