Chidambaram orders release of four Pak prisoners
New Delhi: In a goodwill gesture ahead of his visit to Pakistan, Home Minister P Chidambaram Friday ordered the release of four Pakistani prisoners lodged in various jails in Gujarat.
"Chidambaram has approved the release of four Pakistani prisoners as a gesture of goodwill. They are currently lodged in various jails in Gujarat," a statement
released by the Home Ministry said.
It said the prisoners will be repatriated from the Attari border on June 30 and will be handed over to Pakistan Rangers.
Chidambaram`s two-day visit beginning today is the first ministerial visit from India to Pakistan since the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
He is expected to press for a probe against LeT founder Hafiz Saeed and seek voice samples of handlers of Mumbai attackers.
Chidambaram, who is visiting Pakistan primarily for the SAARC Interior Minister`s Conference on Saturday, is expected to have bilateral meeting with Pakistan Interior
Minister Rehman Malik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!
- Bipasha Basu tells you how to combat bad hair day! Pic inside