Chidambaram orders release of four Pak prisoners
New Delhi: In a goodwill gesture ahead of his visit to Pakistan, Home Minister P Chidambaram Friday ordered the release of four Pakistani prisoners lodged in various jails in Gujarat.
"Chidambaram has approved the release of four Pakistani prisoners as a gesture of goodwill. They are currently lodged in various jails in Gujarat," a statement
released by the Home Ministry said.
It said the prisoners will be repatriated from the Attari border on June 30 and will be handed over to Pakistan Rangers.
Chidambaram`s two-day visit beginning today is the first ministerial visit from India to Pakistan since the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
He is expected to press for a probe against LeT founder Hafiz Saeed and seek voice samples of handlers of Mumbai attackers.
Chidambaram, who is visiting Pakistan primarily for the SAARC Interior Minister`s Conference on Saturday, is expected to have bilateral meeting with Pakistan Interior
Minister Rehman Malik.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed