Chidambaram parries question on Hafiz Saeed
Attari: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Friday
parried a question on Pakistan`s claim that there was no proof
against LeT founder Hafiz Saeed`s involvement in terrorist
activities in India, saying issues of disagreement should not
be discussed on happy occasions.
After inaugurating a modern Integrated Check Post (ICP)
along the India-Pakistan border here, a Pakistani journalist
asked Chidambaram why the issue of Saeed should not be put to
rest as there was no proof against him, the Home Minister said
"Today is a happy occasion. We talk about matters of agreement
and not about matter of disagreement".
"I take note of your question and I will send you my
answer in writing," he told the reporter.
Saeed is one of the most wanted persons in India for his
involvement in various terrorist acts in the country,
including 26/11 Mumbai terror attack which claimed 166 lives.
The US had also announced a bounty of USD 10 million for
information leading to his arrest and conviction in terror
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof