Chidambaram parries question on Hafiz Saeed
Attari: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Friday
parried a question on Pakistan`s claim that there was no proof
against LeT founder Hafiz Saeed`s involvement in terrorist
activities in India, saying issues of disagreement should not
be discussed on happy occasions.
After inaugurating a modern Integrated Check Post (ICP)
along the India-Pakistan border here, a Pakistani journalist
asked Chidambaram why the issue of Saeed should not be put to
rest as there was no proof against him, the Home Minister said
"Today is a happy occasion. We talk about matters of agreement
and not about matter of disagreement".
"I take note of your question and I will send you my
answer in writing," he told the reporter.
Saeed is one of the most wanted persons in India for his
involvement in various terrorist acts in the country,
including 26/11 Mumbai terror attack which claimed 166 lives.
The US had also announced a bounty of USD 10 million for
information leading to his arrest and conviction in terror
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!