Chidambaram plays down Indian flag flip-flop
Islamabad: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Saturday said that the upside down display of the Indian flag during his meeting with Pakistani counterpart Rehman Malik is a minor issue, and added that the flag was put right after the fault was pointed out.
Chidambaram is the first Indian Home Minister to visit Pakistan in three decades. He met Malik at the Interior Ministry in Islamabad, where he was accorded a red carpet welcome and given a ceremonial Guard of Honour on Friday.
“Visuals in one of the channel showed that the Indian flag had been upside down when there was one-on-one meeting between me and Rehman Malik. That was the first visual, but immediately after we sat down I noticed the error and skewed the flag mast and it was put right,” Chidambaram said.
“I think if you also show the visuals of delegation joining, flag was flying right. I think it’s a minor mistake and I don’t think we should make much of it. The flag was put right I therefore request the channel to show the second visuals taken when the delegations were meeting,” he added.
Chidambaram arrived here on Friday to attend the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Home Ministers’ Conference.
In a special gesture, Malik went to the Chaklala Air Base in Rawalpindi and personally received Chidambaram on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- IPL 2015: Not easy for fast bowler to win many MOM in one season, says Ashish Nehra