Chidambaram says won’t resign over 2G order
P Chidambaram on Thursday confirmed to Zee News that he won`t resign as Home Minister following a court order in connection with the 2G scam case.
New Delhi: Speaking exclusively to Zee News, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday refused to offer his resignation, a demand made by the Opposition, following order of a Delhi court allowing the interrogation of some CBI and senior Finance Ministry officials in connection with the 2G scam case.
“There is no question of my resignation. It is a procedural order and does not have any adverse implications for me," Chidambaram said in his first exclusive and so far only reaction on Special CBI judge OP Saini`s order to Zee News.
Clarifying his stand, Chidambaram said that the court has said nothing against him so there’s no point of his resignation
Expressing confidence, the Home Minister said that the party and government were with him.
Earlier, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid said that P Chidambaram resignation is not required adding that the government doesn’t consider Delhi court’s order as a setback to the government.
The Home Minister was attending an exhibition on homeland security at Pragati Maidan here, after which he gave his first reaction to Zee News.