Chidambaram seeks report from CISF over assistance to martyrs
Ghaziabad: Encountering a stream of grieving
family members with one of them even fainting before receiving
a posthumous gallantry medal, Home Minister P Chidambaram
on Saturday asked the CISF to give a detailed report on the
assistance provided to the ten personnel killed in the Naxal
attack at NALCO mines in Orissa last year.
Chidambaram, who was awarding gallantry medal winners of
the force including ten families of the martyrs of the CISF
during its raising day here, was met by sobbing relatives.
"I have spoken to everyone of them... everyone of them
has either got a job or has got... they have all been given
compensation, they have been given a job... in one case the
lady told me... I couldn`t quite understand," he told
reporters when asked about his interaction with the family
members, many of whom he was seen consoling.
"I have now asked (from the CISF authorities) for a list
of the ten martyrs, the ten next of kin and what job is being
given to the ten families. I think one of them... there is
some problem about a job which would be sorted out by
Saturday," he said.
Rita Devi, sister of slain CISF constable Lalit Kumar,
fainted while she was accompanying her mother Munesh Devi to
receive her brother`s gallantry medal.
Chidambaram promptly took a few steps ahead in a bid to
help the girl himself even before other officers rushed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video