Chidambaram should not relate national flag with terrorism: BJP
Patna: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has demanded an apology from Union Home Minister P Chidambaram for his saffron terror remark, saying that he should not relate the national flag, saffron being one of its colours, with terrorism.
BJP spokesman Syed Shahnawaz Hussain said the colour saffron is not an identity of Hindu religion alone.
"I am a Muslim who loves this country, I love my country and the first colour in my country`s flag is saffron, followed by white in the middle and green at the bottom. So all these colours are ours, and we are theirs," said Hussain, while talking to media persons here on Saturday.
"Therefore one should not focus on colours, as terrorism is a different issue. We request Chidambaram not to relate the national flag with terrorism," he added.
Meanwhile, Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan said that it is wrong to prejudice the Muslim as the first suspect in any bomb blast.
"Blaming everything upon the Muslims and creating conspiracies is not the solution, Men in saffron create conspiracies and innocent Muslims are arrested, this won`t end terrorism rather increase it," said Paswan.
Addressing a function of state police chiefs in Delhi on Wednesday, Chidambaram had said a new phenomenon of "saffron terrorism" involved in many bomb blasts has been uncovered.
His comments came against the backdrop of investigators finding links between Hindu extremist outfits and at least five bomb blasts in recent years - at Hyderabad`s Mecca Masjid, at Ajmer, Goa, Malegaon in Maharashtra and Modasa in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog