Chidambaram still the Finance Ministry boss!
New Delhi: Old habits die hard! It has been
more than a year since P Chidambaram took over as Home
Minister but for a top banker he is still the boss.
"Honourable Finance Minister..." thus began State Bank of
India Chairman O P Bhatt in his address while referring to
Chidambaram after receiving the J R D Tata Corporate
As the audience and those on the dais, including
Chidambaram burst into laughter, Bhatt realised his mistake
and sought an apology saying, "Old habits die hard. He was my
previous boss, the best boss I have ever had."
During the speech, later Bhatt again praised Chidambaram
for his leadership and said because of his able guidance as
Finance Minister, the Indian banking system could survive when
the world had faced one of the worst financial crises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!