‘Chidambaram to be FM, Shinde to take over Home’
New Delhi: Reports said on Tuesday that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is likely to reshuffle his Cabinet this week and appoint P Chidambaram as the finance minister.
The reshuffle will take place in the wake of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee moving to Rashtrapati Bhavan as the President.
The Home Ministry is expected to be handed over to current Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
Shinde is also tipped to be among the favourites to be named as the Leader of the House in Lok Sabha.
While this will be a minor reshuffle, the UPA ministry is expected to get a major overhaul after the Monsoon Session of Parliament in September.
After Mukherjee’s exit, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been holding the charge of Finance Ministry.
It may be noted that Chidambaram was the finance minister till late 2008, but was moved to the Home Ministry in November 2008 in the wake of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra