‘Chidambaram to be FM, Shinde to take over Home’
New Delhi: Reports said on Tuesday that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is likely to reshuffle his Cabinet this week and appoint P Chidambaram as the finance minister.
The reshuffle will take place in the wake of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee moving to Rashtrapati Bhavan as the President.
The Home Ministry is expected to be handed over to current Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
Shinde is also tipped to be among the favourites to be named as the Leader of the House in Lok Sabha.
While this will be a minor reshuffle, the UPA ministry is expected to get a major overhaul after the Monsoon Session of Parliament in September.
After Mukherjee’s exit, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been holding the charge of Finance Ministry.
It may be noted that Chidambaram was the finance minister till late 2008, but was moved to the Home Ministry in November 2008 in the wake of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees