‘Chidambaram to be FM, Shinde to take over Home’
New Delhi: Reports said on Tuesday that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is likely to reshuffle his Cabinet this week and appoint P Chidambaram as the finance minister.
The reshuffle will take place in the wake of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee moving to Rashtrapati Bhavan as the President.
The Home Ministry is expected to be handed over to current Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
Shinde is also tipped to be among the favourites to be named as the Leader of the House in Lok Sabha.
While this will be a minor reshuffle, the UPA ministry is expected to get a major overhaul after the Monsoon Session of Parliament in September.
After Mukherjee’s exit, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been holding the charge of Finance Ministry.
It may be noted that Chidambaram was the finance minister till late 2008, but was moved to the Home Ministry in November 2008 in the wake of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP