‘Chidambaram to be FM, Shinde to take over Home’
New Delhi: Reports said on Tuesday that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is likely to reshuffle his Cabinet this week and appoint P Chidambaram as the finance minister.
The reshuffle will take place in the wake of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee moving to Rashtrapati Bhavan as the President.
The Home Ministry is expected to be handed over to current Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
Shinde is also tipped to be among the favourites to be named as the Leader of the House in Lok Sabha.
While this will be a minor reshuffle, the UPA ministry is expected to get a major overhaul after the Monsoon Session of Parliament in September.
After Mukherjee’s exit, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has been holding the charge of Finance Ministry.
It may be noted that Chidambaram was the finance minister till late 2008, but was moved to the Home Ministry in November 2008 in the wake of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez