Chidambaram to lead Mumbaikars in remembering 26/11 victims
Mumbai: Home Minister P Chidambaram will lead Mumbaikars on Friday in remembering those killed during the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
On the second anniversary of the audacious terror strike, Chidambaram, Petroleum Minister Murli Deora and Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will participate at a commemoration function, to be held at the CNG filling station in suburban Borivli tomorrow morning.
P Unnikrishnan, father of slain NSG officer Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, who has undertaken a cycle tour from India Gate in Delhi, will join a peace march at the Gateway of India here.
A candle-lit silent prayer rally will be organised by the College of Social Work, Nirmala Niketan and family members of 26/11 victims, from Cama Hospital lane to St Xavier`s college in South Mumbai.
The Indo-American Society has organised a meeting with Charles Cannon and Kia Scherr from One Life Alliance, survivors of the terror attacks, as Mumbai commemorates the city`s undying spirit lauded by US President Barack Obama during his tribute to 26/11 martyrs here earlier this month.
At the CST railway station, there will be a commemoration service for the 26/11 martyrs, a railway official said. A wreath will be laid to remember the 166 people killed during the Mumbai attacks.
Over 50 persons were killed and close to 90 injured when Ajmal Kasab and another terrorist Ismail started firing indiscriminately at the busy rail terminus in south Mumbai on that fateful night of November 26 two years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand