Chidambaram visits CWG media centre at Pragati Maidan
New Delhi: With barely few hours left for the opening ceremony of the XIX Commonwealth Games, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram visited the ``Main Press Centre`` of the 2010 Games at the Pragati Maidan here on Sunday.
During his surprise visit, Chidambaram made a brief survey of the ``Main Press Centre``, which is being run by the Press Information Bureau (PIB) and is projected as the largest press centre in the history of the Games.
It was earlier reported that the Main Press Centre will work for 24-hours during the sporting extravaganza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday