Chiefs of CBI, IB, NIA to be part of Indo-Pak talk
New Delhi: In a departure from normal practice, heads of Intelligence Bureau, CBI and NIA will be part of a 12-member delegation led by Union Home Secretary R K Singh for talks with his Pakistan counterpart on May 24 and 25.
Earlier, the home secretary was accompanied by joint secretary level officers during his talks with his Pakistani counterpart in Islamabad.
S C Sinha, chief of NIA, an organisation formed in the aftermath of audacious 2008 Mumbai attacks, is likely to have tough time as it was probing the bomb blast case in Samjhuta train, oldest rail link between India and Pakistan.
As many as 68 people mostly Pakistanis were killed in Samjhauta Express blast in February 2007.
The dialogue, which will see inking of a pact on liberalised visa regime between the two countries, will also focus on better cooperation between the two countries in cases relating to terror incidents and taking forward Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) along Line of Control (LoC).
The 12-member delegation will include Intelligence Bureau Director Nehchal Sandhu and CBI Director A P Singh besides Sinha and other officials from External Affairs Ministry, official sources said.
The CBI is probing various trans-borders cases including the 1993 Bombay blast case and others related to pumping of fake Indian currency notes into India.
The two agencies are also authorised to liaison with Pakistan`s Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on matters related to terrorism and garner evidence for trial in the Mumbai 26/11 attack case. The IB is responsible for gathering and dissemination of all terror related information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi