`Child Maoists involved in Jamui massacre`
Patna: In a shocking revelation, Bihar police claimed on Saturday that children were part of a group of Maoists who carried out the attack on a village in Jamui late on Wednesday night, in which 12 villagers were killed.
It has been known for long that Maoists recruit children as part of plans to promote their ideology, but it is probably the first time that young minds have been used to kill people. Women have already been used by Maoists in combat operations, as witnessed in the recent attack on a security camp of Eastern Frontier Rifles in West Bengal’s Silda.
According to the police, around 50 children as young as 12-13 years old were part of the 200-strong Naxal team that attacked the village and burnt 40 houses during the two-hour rampage. A woman and her child were also killed in the attack.
The attack was seen as a revenge operation by the Left wing extremists, reportedly in retaliation to the alleged killing of eight Maoists by the villagers some 15 days back.
“The incident seems to be purely out of revenge though we have no proof of these villagers killing eight Naxals,” DIG Amit Kumar had said after the attack.
This was the second biggest Maoist attack during Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s rule. In 2009, 14 persons were killed by Maoists at a village under Alauli block of Khagaria district.
Thirty-one of Bihar’s 38 districts are Maoist-affected and over 1,500 Maoists are believed to be active in major parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you