Child pornography: Colonel not to be handed over to Germany
Mumbai: An Army officer arrested here on the
charge of child pornography will not be extradited to Germany,
where a similar case has been registered against him, a senior
police official said on Wednesday.
Lt Colonel Jagmohan Balbir Singh (42) was apprehended on
May 6 from his south Mumbai house for allegedly uploading
obscene photographs and video clips involving children on the
"Singh will not be extradited to Germany. Police in that
country have also registered a case against the accused for
child pornography. They would close the case now as Singh has
been arrested here in connection with the crime and he cannot
be tried and punished twice for the same offence," Joint
Police Commissioner (Crime) Himanshu Roy said.
"We will send them (German police) a detailed report
related to the case," he added.
Last year, the German Police while looking for Internet-
related offences, had come across the obscene contents being
uploaded on a child pornography site from Mumbai.
They brought the issue before the Interpol, which alerted
the CBI in Delhi in March 2010. The CBI passed on the
information to the Mumbai Police, which nabbed the Army officer
and seized incriminating objects from his house.
Singh, who has been with the Army for 20 years, has "downloaded
all child pornography material from the Internet. He himself
was not involved in preparing them," Roy said.
Police were awaiting forensic report of the two hard
disks, containing hundreds of obscene photographs and video
clips, seized from Singh`s home.
Singh, who hails from Punjab, was attached to the Army`s
supply and transport wing in Colaba, south Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!