‘Childish’ BJP has no stand on Lokpal: Cong
New Delhi: On a day when Anna Hazare met the BJP top brass to solicit their support for the civil society’s version of the Lokpal Bill, the Congress attacked the saffron party for being ambivalent, childish and hypocritical on the issue.
Addressing a press conference in the national capital, party spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said, “Why has the BJP not made their stand clear on the Lokpal Bill? Why has the BJP not given any input on the Lokpal Bill?”
Singhvi accused the BJP of intentionally not making its stand clear on the issue and accused it of being childish and hypocritical.
He added, “BJP is not interest in Lokpal. They attacked us when we talked to civil society…They attacked us when we sought their inputs…this party is irresponsible.”
Singhvi also trained his guns on Gadkari and other BJP leaders for attacking the Prime Minister and Sonia Gandhi.
The BJP after meeting Team Anna had said that they support a strong Lokpal but the final decision on party’s stand would become clear only after more rounds of meetings within the party and with the allies.
On his party’s stand on the issue of the bringing the office of the Prime Minister and the higher judiciary under the ambit of Lokpal, Singhvi said, “It is subject to Cabinet decision and democratic wish of the Parliament…our stand is clear that the two institutions should not be under the purview of Lokpal.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!