‘Childish’ BJP has no stand on Lokpal: Cong
New Delhi: On a day when Anna Hazare met the BJP top brass to solicit their support for the civil society’s version of the Lokpal Bill, the Congress attacked the saffron party for being ambivalent, childish and hypocritical on the issue.
Addressing a press conference in the national capital, party spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said, “Why has the BJP not made their stand clear on the Lokpal Bill? Why has the BJP not given any input on the Lokpal Bill?”
Singhvi accused the BJP of intentionally not making its stand clear on the issue and accused it of being childish and hypocritical.
He added, “BJP is not interest in Lokpal. They attacked us when we talked to civil society…They attacked us when we sought their inputs…this party is irresponsible.”
Singhvi also trained his guns on Gadkari and other BJP leaders for attacking the Prime Minister and Sonia Gandhi.
The BJP after meeting Team Anna had said that they support a strong Lokpal but the final decision on party’s stand would become clear only after more rounds of meetings within the party and with the allies.
On his party’s stand on the issue of the bringing the office of the Prime Minister and the higher judiciary under the ambit of Lokpal, Singhvi said, “It is subject to Cabinet decision and democratic wish of the Parliament…our stand is clear that the two institutions should not be under the purview of Lokpal.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir