Children throng to see `Netaji`s kitchen` in remand home
Seoni(MP): The kitchen of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose inside a children`s remand home here was a major attraction for school students during their visit on the occasion of his 116th birth anniversary on Wednesday.
Bose had spent nearly 147 days in Seoni jail during the British period from January 3 to May 30, 1932, and he used to cook food on his own here.
The jail was later turned into a Children`s Remand Home and the concerned authorities preserved the kitchen and other articles used by Netaji for cooking in its old form, remand home sources said.
On the occasion of Netaji`s birth anniversary today, a number of school children visited the spot to pay homage to the revolutionary leader.
The remand home also runs various vocational courses for making self-dependent the children lodged there, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed