Children throng to see `Netaji`s kitchen` in remand home
Seoni(MP): The kitchen of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose inside a children`s remand home here was a major attraction for school students during their visit on the occasion of his 116th birth anniversary on Wednesday.
Bose had spent nearly 147 days in Seoni jail during the British period from January 3 to May 30, 1932, and he used to cook food on his own here.
The jail was later turned into a Children`s Remand Home and the concerned authorities preserved the kitchen and other articles used by Netaji for cooking in its old form, remand home sources said.
On the occasion of Netaji`s birth anniversary today, a number of school children visited the spot to pay homage to the revolutionary leader.
The remand home also runs various vocational courses for making self-dependent the children lodged there, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy