Children throng to see `Netaji`s kitchen` in remand home
Seoni(MP): The kitchen of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose inside a children`s remand home here was a major attraction for school students during their visit on the occasion of his 116th birth anniversary on Wednesday.
Bose had spent nearly 147 days in Seoni jail during the British period from January 3 to May 30, 1932, and he used to cook food on his own here.
The jail was later turned into a Children`s Remand Home and the concerned authorities preserved the kitchen and other articles used by Netaji for cooking in its old form, remand home sources said.
On the occasion of Netaji`s birth anniversary today, a number of school children visited the spot to pay homage to the revolutionary leader.
The remand home also runs various vocational courses for making self-dependent the children lodged there, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video