Chill back in North as mercury dips again
New Delhi: After showing an upward trend for past few days, mercury in various parts of North India again dropped Tuesday as people woke up to a cold morning after a few days of welcome warmth.
In Delhi, the minimum temperature dipped sharply to settle at 6.6 degrees Celsius, a notch below normal and four degrees lower than yesterday`s 10.6 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperature, however, rose two degrees above normal to settle at 22.6 degrees Celsius.
Operations at the IGI Airport were partially hit by early morning fog and schedules of nearly 75 flights were affected.
The Weatherman has predicted mainly clear sky for tomorrow with fog in the morning.
Uttar Pradesh, which saw over 250 deaths due to harsh winter, basked under bright sunshine which brought much-needed respite for the people.
No fresh deaths were reported in the state in the past 24 hours, officials said.
Muzaffarnagar in Western UP was the coldest in the state with a minimum of 1 degree.
However in Himachal Pradesh, cold wave conditions continued unabated with the mercury remaining below normal in most places.
Manali recorded a minimum of zero degree, followed by Mandi at 1.8 degrees and state capital Shimla at 3.6 degrees Celsius.
According to Met forecast, heavy rain and snowfall is likely to occur at some places in the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan