Chilling cold across North India, drizzle in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: National capital Delhi and the whole of north India continues to reel under severe cold as the temperature plummeted further, claiming more lives in the past few days.
Delhiites experienced another chilly day with drizzle on Friday with maximum temperature is expected to be around 20 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature is expected to be six degrees Celsius.
The Indian Metrological Department (IMD) had earlier predicted that Friday morning would see shallow fog in Delhi, while the morning sky would be clear of clouds, but become partly cloudy later in the day.
In Jammu and Kashmir, the temperatures further plummeted in several parts with Leh witnessing the coldest day of the season on Thursday at minus 14 degrees Celsius.
Most parts of the Valley froze at sub-zero temperatures.
The mercury dipped to 2.3 degrees Celsius in Shimla while Palampur recorded minimum temperature at 3 degrees Celsius.
"Due to western disturbances over North Pakistan and Jammu and Kashmir, there could be snowfall in high altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh over 2 days and temperature across the region will fall," said Manmohan Singh of the Met department.
Freezing cold wave swept most parts of Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperature dipped further. Adampur in Jalandhar district reeled at minus 1.2 degrees Celsius. Amritsar, too, braved a cold night at 2.2 degrees Celsius, down.
Piercing cold also intensified across Haryana, with Narnaul turning out to be the coldest place in the state at a minimum of 1.8 deg C. Chandigarh recorded a low of 5.8 deg C.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony