Chilly conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Chilly weather conditions prevailed at most places in Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday with night temperatures remaining up to three degrees Celsius below normal.
Narnaul in Haryana with 1.9 degrees Celsius, three degree Celsius below normal, was the coldest place in Haryana whereas in Punjab Amritsar with two degrees Celsius, one degree Celsius below normal, was the coldest place.
Chandigarh, the Union Territory, witnessed a low of 5.3 degrees Celsius, the MeT office said.
Hissar, Karnal, Ludhiana and Patiala continued to remain in a spell of cold conditions.
Various towns, including Chandigarh airport area, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Ambala and Karnal also witnessed fog till 8.30 AM reducing visibility on the state and national highways as also railway tracks.
A number of trains to Chandigarh, including Unchahar Express and Sadhbhavna Express were running behind schedule by around three hours.
The weather will mainly remain sunny during the coming 24 hours with fog or mist during night and morning hours being present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news