Chilly conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Chilly weather conditions prevailed at most places in Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday with night temperatures remaining up to three degrees Celsius below normal.
Narnaul in Haryana with 1.9 degrees Celsius, three degree Celsius below normal, was the coldest place in Haryana whereas in Punjab Amritsar with two degrees Celsius, one degree Celsius below normal, was the coldest place.
Chandigarh, the Union Territory, witnessed a low of 5.3 degrees Celsius, the MeT office said.
Hissar, Karnal, Ludhiana and Patiala continued to remain in a spell of cold conditions.
Various towns, including Chandigarh airport area, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Ambala and Karnal also witnessed fog till 8.30 AM reducing visibility on the state and national highways as also railway tracks.
A number of trains to Chandigarh, including Unchahar Express and Sadhbhavna Express were running behind schedule by around three hours.
The weather will mainly remain sunny during the coming 24 hours with fog or mist during night and morning hours being present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars