Chilly conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Chilly weather conditions prevailed at most places in Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday with night temperatures remaining up to three degrees Celsius below normal.
Narnaul in Haryana with 1.9 degrees Celsius, three degree Celsius below normal, was the coldest place in Haryana whereas in Punjab Amritsar with two degrees Celsius, one degree Celsius below normal, was the coldest place.
Chandigarh, the Union Territory, witnessed a low of 5.3 degrees Celsius, the MeT office said.
Hissar, Karnal, Ludhiana and Patiala continued to remain in a spell of cold conditions.
Various towns, including Chandigarh airport area, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Ambala and Karnal also witnessed fog till 8.30 AM reducing visibility on the state and national highways as also railway tracks.
A number of trains to Chandigarh, including Unchahar Express and Sadhbhavna Express were running behind schedule by around three hours.
The weather will mainly remain sunny during the coming 24 hours with fog or mist during night and morning hours being present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- PM Narendra Modi assures round the clock assistance to flood-hit Varanasi
- How Ola, Uber allowed to run on tourist permit? HC asks govt
- Shiv Sena taunts PM Narendra Modi over arrest of Baloch leaders
- Companies raise Rs 26,000 cr via bond issues on NSE e-book platform