Chilly conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Chilly weather conditions prevailed at most places in Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday with night temperatures remaining up to three degrees Celsius below normal.
Narnaul in Haryana with 1.9 degrees Celsius, three degree Celsius below normal, was the coldest place in Haryana whereas in Punjab Amritsar with two degrees Celsius, one degree Celsius below normal, was the coldest place.
Chandigarh, the Union Territory, witnessed a low of 5.3 degrees Celsius, the MeT office said.
Hissar, Karnal, Ludhiana and Patiala continued to remain in a spell of cold conditions.
Various towns, including Chandigarh airport area, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Ambala and Karnal also witnessed fog till 8.30 AM reducing visibility on the state and national highways as also railway tracks.
A number of trains to Chandigarh, including Unchahar Express and Sadhbhavna Express were running behind schedule by around three hours.
The weather will mainly remain sunny during the coming 24 hours with fog or mist during night and morning hours being present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok