China asked to ensure Pak military aid not used against India
Beijing: Asking China to use its "good offices" to pressure its `all-weather friend` Pakistan to stop
cross-border terrorism, BJP on Saturday said the Chinese government should also ensure that its nuclear and military assistance to Islamabad is not directed against India.
Pakistan continues to create lots of problems for India through acts of cross-border terrorism, BJP President Nitin Gadkari, who held wide-ranging talks with Chinese leaders yesterday, told the Indian media here.
Gadkari said he told the Chinese leaders that whatever help China is providing to Pakistan, be that of nuclear reactors and military assistance, there is a "possibility it can be used against India."
"Pakistan government is supporting terrorism and sponsoring cross-border terrorism," he said, adding that in such a situation China`s support to Pakistan may also mean "supporting terrorism."
"So I requested them (Chinese leaders) that since China is also against terrorism, use your good offices and just tell Pakistan to stop all terrorist activities sponsored by Pakistan government," he said.
Gadkari, who is on a five-day goodwill visit to China, held talks with Li Changchun, the fifth ranking member of the powerful politburo of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) yesterday besides Ai Ping, the Chinese Vice-Minister in the International department of the CPC.
He said the Chinese leaders listened to his views and "assured" him that they will refer them to competent authority and convey his feelings to them.
Besides urging China to step up pressure on Pakistan to stop exporting terror to India, he said he had conveyed his party`s opposition to issuance of stapled visas to Kashmiris and residents of Arunachal Pradesh.
In a statement issued after the talks yesterday, Gadkari said, according to his party, China still occupies 38,000 square kilometres of Indian territory in Ladakh and another 5,000 square kilometres ceded to it by Pakistan in Kashmir.
He also expressed concern over reports of the Chinese troops` presence in PoK.
"The Indian Government has independently verified and confirmed that PLA troops had entered the region," he said.
Gadkari also opposed any talks between India and Pakistan without Islamabad stopping use of terrorism as a weapon against New Delhi.
"We are ready for any talks, but first of all Pakistan-sponsored terrorism activities should be stopped. Even Indian government has submitted lot of evidence to them. Without stopping sponsorship of terrorism against India it is not possible for Indian people to maintain good relations with
Pakistan," he said.
"We are also interested (in talks) but at the same time they should stop all terrorist activities. They should take stern action against the people who are involved in terrorist activities," Gadkari said.
In his press conference today, the BJP chief said that during his talks with Chinese leaders he stressed that it was very important for both countries to improve their relations to take advantage of the prevailing international economy.
The Chinese leaders, for their part, were very keen to improve the relations on the business and trade front, He said.
Asked whether Tibet came up during the talks, Gadkari said "no."
The Chinese leaders talked about improving the party-to-party, people-to-people contacts.
"My feeling is they are very much interested in improving economic relations in trade and business. This is the time to solve our problems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'